Read this before you start your Application!
Applications have to be completed online by April 30th, and we are accepting only a limited number of completed applications per region. If we reach any regional quota before April 30th, the application window for that region will close early. Please ensure that you submit your complete application as early as possible to be considered. Make sure that you read and understand all instructions before you start.
The online application process has two steps. In Step 1, you will create your application record, and in Step 2 you will have to supply all supporting documents. Your application is considered incomplete and will NOT be reviewed until all supporting documents have been uploaded.
- At the start, you will be asked a few questions that determine whether you are eligible to apply or not.
If you are eligible to apply, you will be asked for the following:
- The contact information of the Candidate
- Copy of birth certificate
- The contact information of Parent/Guardian #1 and, if applicable, of Parent/Guardian #2.
- If you are separated or divorced, you will be asked to submit a copy of your separation agreement or divorce decree that outlines the support payments being made from the non-custodial parent.
- You will also have to supply some very specific line information from the 2020 and 2021 Notices Of Assessment (NOAs) from Revenue Canada for Parent/Guardian #1 and, if applicable, for Parent/Guardian #2.
- You will have to sign the Program Rules, Expectations and Release
- Once you have submitted the above information, Step 1 is completed.
After completing Step 1, you will receive a special link to your personal document upload site instantly, as well as by email. Keep this email in a secure place, as you can visit and revisit the upload site until April 30th or until our quotas are filled, whichever comes first. In other words, if our quotas are filled before April 30 and/or before you have uploaded all of your supporting documents, the link will be terminated early, and your application will be considered as incomplete, and therefore disqualified.
On the upload site you will be asked to uploads the following documents:
- Six (6) digital photographs that adhere to these guidelines [English or French]
- Scans of the 2020 and 2021 Notices of Assessment (NOA) for Parent/Guardian #1 (2 pages each, 4 total)
- Scans of the 2020 and 2021 Notices of Assessment (NOA) for Parent/Guardian #2 (2 pages each, 4 total)
- A scan of a completed Candidate Statement [English or French] (1 page)
- A scan of a completed Personal Reference Form [English or French] (1 page)
- A scan of a completed Dental Examination Form [English or French] completed by your Dentist (1 page)
- Scans of the 2020 and 2021 Full/Tax Return (T1 General Form that you submit your taxes to Canada Revenue Agency) for Parent/Guardian #1 (all pages required)
- Scans of the 2020 and 2021 Full/Tax Return (T1 General Form that you submit your taxes to Canada Revenue Agency) for Parent/Guardian #2 (all pages required)
When naming your documents, please keep the file names simple, short (no more than 12 characters), and do not use any spaces or punctuation characters. File names that are too long and/or contain spaces or odd characters will cause an Internal Server Error, and you will lose your application and have to start over.