Why should I apply for Smiles 4 Canada?
The most often-quoted reason for getting your child orthodontic treatment is to help restore his/her self-image through straightening his/her teeth. Studies have shown that a straight smile can help increase confidence and improve self-acceptance and well-being, and these, in turn, can help foster greater success in life. In addition, it can enhance first impressions – always important in social situations in childhood and adulthood.
But there are physiological benefits as well:
- Teeth are less prone to chipping and wear
- Teeth are easier to clean, and therefore less subject to cavities
- Less likelihood of gingivitis, receding gums and gum disease
- Less strain on jaw muscles and joints, and reduced risk of temporomandibular joint dysfunction (TMJ)
- Improved chewing and better digestion
- Reduced need for bridges or implants
Orthodontic treatment is an important contributor to enhanced health for your child, both now and in the future.